Once you have delivered your baby, it is important to take care of yourself and your baby in order to avoid infection. Tips to follow after C section includes:
1) Just after delivery, it takes approximately 2 hours to shift the patient from operation theatre to normal room as close monitoring of excessive bleeding, blood pressure etc. is required. The patient might shiver a bit after delivery, do not worry, it is normal and is due to hormonal changes in the body.
2) The sooner the child is breast fed, the better it is for the baby.
3) When the patient is shifted to the room, let the patient rest. The baby should be fed after short interval of time and the patient is not allowed to sit so the hospital staff will help the patient feed their baby.
4) The patient is not given anything to eat for 6-8 hours as the IV fluid are being provided through the tube. If the patient is feeling very thirsty, then few sips of water or ice can be given to the patient. After 6-8 hours liquid diet followed by soft diet and normal diet is recommended.
5) If after removing urine catheter, you are unable to pass urine till 2-3 hours, inform the nurse so that apt action can be taken.
6) Give at least 3 litre of water as the women is prone to urine infection.
7) Occurrence of cramps even after delivery is normal as the uterus is going back to its normal place.
8) During hospital stay try to prepare yourself on how to handle your baby, how to feed him/her, how to change diaper etc.